We are looking for friendly and positive volunteers to look after the reception area to provide customer service for the Napier Community House. We currently have a good team of 5 volunteers but are always on the look out for more warm and capable volunteers to support the team.
If you can spare 4 hours during the working week to support this community project, please contact the Community Development Advisor.
What they do
Volunteers will be given an induction to assist in the role of a volunteer to ensure a high level of service to visitors and tenant organisations. The guidelines will help volunteers to provide a consistent level of procedures and processes of the reception operation of the Napier Community House.
The key elements of the operation covered in the guidelines will be covered as part of your induction as a volunteer. The list below is some of the duties volunteers will be asked to do.
- Reporting Structure - Volunteers who look after the reception report to Community Development Advisor
- Customer Service - Ensuring good service to tenants, clients and visitors
- Privacy & Discretion - Respecting privacy of visitors and acting with discretion
- Key Contact - Community Advisor
- Groups in Community House - Refer to A to Z current groups
- Hours of Operation - Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Access - Tenant groups have keys and alarm to access site
- Public - All public to sign visitor register when visiting
- Emergency Evacuation - There are strict procedures to follow in case of evacuation
- Telephone Use - PABX system
- Fax Use - Tenants can use the reception fax, charge for use at end of month
- Photocopy Use - Tenants can use the colour photocopier, charge for use at end of month
- Security of Office - All offices locked when leaving and alarm the building
- Recording Information - Volunteers are recording statistics to monitor use, visits, telephone calls
- Suggestion & Follow Ups Book - Tenants place ideas or issues in red book at reception
- Tea, Coffee & Milk - Tenants are providing their own
Full details of the guidelines will be covered by the Napier Community House Coordinator as part of the induction process.