City Development Committee
The purpose of this Committee is to govern the Tourism and Economic Development functions of the Council. The Committee also takes responsibility for monitoring Tourism and Economic Development activity in Napier and our Sister City relationships. (This Committee may require direct contact with a wide variety of local organisations working in the Napier economy).
Terms of Reference:
- To develop policy relating to the tourism facilities and services offered by the Council together with setting the direction for the economic development initiatives. (It should be noted that tourism and economic development are often directly interrelated).
- To consider periodic reports from the tourism business.
- To monitor the Council operations and assets (if applicable) relating to the following:
- Kennedy Park
- Napier War Memorial Conference Centre
- National Aquarium of New Zealand
- MTG Hawke's Bay
- Napier Municipal Theatre
- i-Site Visitor Centre
- Sister Cities
- To monitor compliance of any Tourism and Economic Development initiatives with National Standards (particularly where Government funding and/or regulation is involved).
- To liaise at a governance level with Hawke's Bay Tourism.
The Committee's recommendations must be consistent with the Council's Ten Year Plan.
|Deputy Chairperson||Councillor White|
|Officer Responsible||Director Community Services|
|Committee Secretary||Committee Administrator|