Strategy and Infrastructure Committee
The purpose of this Committee is to govern the development of and facilitate the Council's interaction with the community, particularly in relation to the facilities, infrastructure and services provided by the Council (not including Tourism and Economic Development). It has a wider role that oversees the development of Council policy that impacts on the delivery of services or the provision of assets for the city. While the Committee has a focus on the physical assets in developing the environment, a sustainable city must be of prime importance and the consequence of decisions about assets and services on the cultural, social and economic wellbeing of the city must be weighed carefully as important drivers for Napier. It is expected that this Committee will positively stimulate the policy position of Council in the community.
Terms of Reference:
- To advocate and develop policy on all relevant issues relating to the provision of facilities and services to the community.
- To allocate resources in accordance with the Council's priorities.
- To consider periodic reports from:
- Redclyffe Transfer Station and Composting Business Unit
- Lagoon Farm Business Unit
- Omarunui Joint Refuse Landfill Committee
- To make recommendations to Council on operational and minor policy matters relating to Council’s infrastructural services, including:
- Water Supply
- Parks and Reserves
- Horticulture Cemeteries
- To promote city (works) assets for national, regional and local events.
- To develop policy regarding environmental protection and sustainable practices throughout the Council.
The Committee's recommendations must be consistent with the Council's Ten Year Plan.
|Deputy Chairperson||Councillor Brosnan|
|Officer Responsible||Director Infrastructure|
|Committee Secretary||Committee Administrator|