Community Services Committee
The purpose of this Committee is to develop and facilitate the Council's interaction with the community. It ensures the provision of community facilities and services. It has a wider role that oversees Council policy likely to impact on the health, safety and well-being of the community. It is expected that this Committee will positively stimulate the policy position of Council in the community development section.
Terms of Reference:
- Advocacy and policy development on all relevant issues regarding community development promoted by the Council (health, safety, education, well-being etc.)
- To monitor compliance of conditions of Council grants made to outside organisations and all community funding initiatives including Creative New Zealand funding.
- To receive reports from Safer Napier Strategic Group, Arts Advisory Panel, Grants Allocation Sub Committee, Creative Communities NZ Assessment Sub Committee, Napier Health Advocacy Forum and any other organisation linking community issues to the Council.
- To review Council policy for community and other discretionary grants and to review the community development function of Council.
- The allocation of resources in accordance with Council's priorities.
- Policy for library services, emergency management, pools and community halls.
- Monitor the social climate of the city and its impact on the Council.
The Committee's recommendations must be consistent with the Council's Ten Year Plan.
|Deputy Chairperson||Councillor Wright|
|Officer Responsible||Director Community Services|
|Committee Secretary||Committee Administrator|