Napier Health Services Advocacy Forum
The purpose of the informal forum is to work with the HB District Health Board on the future provision of health services for Napier residents delivered in and/or outside of Napier.
Terms of Reference:
- To work with the District Health Board and associated committee's for the establishment, maintenance and management of health services:
- Provided in Napier for the Napier community.
- Provided outside of Napier for the Napier community.
- To identify areas of concern and advise the Council to enable the Mayor and Chairman of the Napier Health Services Advocacy Forum to advocate to the District Health Board on behalf of the community.
- To focus on future delivery of health services to the Napier community and will not be compromised by past experiences of health delivery in Napier.
Will comprise of seven members of the public plus two councillors, chosen by the Mayor for their broad knowledge and skills in the health sector and community.
Will be selected by the following process:
- Public notice - to call for expressions of interest accompanied by a relevant curriculum vitae
- The Mayor will co-ordinate a selection process, assisted by a health professional, based on a preferred skill/experience mix.
- Appropriate Hawke's Bay District Health Board personnel will be invited to attend the meetings with speaking rights, but not voting rights (prior to February 2008 this pertained to Napier District Health Board members).
The Forum Chairman will report to the Council as appropriate. Any issues and decisions with financial implications must get Council approval.
The Committee's recommendations must be consistent with the Council's Ten Year Plan
|Chairperson (shall not be a councillor)||Mr Roger Scott|
|Deputy Chairperson||Leigh White|
|Officer Responsible||Mayor's Office|
|Forum Secretary||NCC - Committee Administrator|
Napier City Council
|Community||Dr Andy Edwards
Dr Hugh Findlay
|Meets||Informally as required but at least quarterly|
|Membership||(2) Napier City Council
Mayor - ex-officio