The purpose of this Committee is to provide a discussion forum to the Council for significant issues relating to any business of the authority. Such meetings can only be convened with the prior approval of the Mayor and the Chief Executive and they are solely for information and discussion. (No resolutions or recommendations may be made at such meetings).
Terms of Reference:
- To consider any topic the Chairperson refers to this forum.
- The Mayor or Deputy Mayor shall preside at the meeting allowing full participation to the Council members for the purpose of providing information, advice and discussion.
- Minutes must include the following:
- Name of the members attending
- The general nature of the business conducted at the meeting
- Any direction given by the Committee to staff
- Standing Orders shall not apply to meetings of the Workshop Committee/Seminar in keeping with the definitions under Standing Orders of "meeting".
Note: No recommendations or decisions may be made at a Workshop Committee/Seminar meeting
|Deputy Chairperson||Deputy Mayor|
|Officer Responsible||Chief Executive|
|Committee Secretary||Committee Administrator|
|Membership||All Council members|