There are 70 Rental Flats situated in three villages close to the Inner City.
- Nelson Place Village has 12 Flats.
- Wellesley Place Village has 26 Flats.
- Caryle Place Village has 32 Flats.
The flats are mainly two bedroom 2 storey units with the balance being one bedroom and 3 bedroom. They all have bathroom, kitchen, laundry area and a Lounge.
Off street parking is available for one car per flat, most flats have a Carport available. All visitors are asked to park either in a designated Visitors Car Park or outside the Village to avoid inconvenience to the tenants and traffic congestion.
Rental Flats are available for people who meet Council's criteria, based on housing needs and income. Some of the criteria is as follows:
- Applicants must have a Housing Need
- Applicants must have a Low Income
- Applicants must have Low Assets
- Applicants are required to be New Zealand residents
- Applicants must have proof of ability to pay rent
- Application forms must be completed and a statutory declaration signed in front of the Justice of Peace or deputy Registrar of the District Court or another officer authorized to take declarations.
- All applicants must attend an interview before being allocated a property.
For more information and further details regarding the criteria please phone the housing manager.