The 303 Retirement Flats are situated in well maintained villages throughout Napier, Council places emphasis on providing for the general welfare of Retirement Flat tenants.
- Hastings/Munro Retirement Village has 4 Flats
- Henry Charles Retirement Village has 80 Flats plus a village hall
- Oriel Place Village has 20 Flats
- Otatara Retirement Village has 12 Flats
- Centennial Retirement Village has 40 Flats
- Rangi Marie Retirement Village has 16 Flats
- Arthur Richards Village has 50 Flats plus a village hall and a Village Co-ordinators office
- Coventry Avenue Village has 31 Flats
- Greenmeadows East Village has 50 Flats and a house
All the flats have one bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and lounge and a laundry area. They vary in design, some have a separate kitchen where others have an open plan kitchen and lounge.
Village coordinators are available to provide support to tenants in the 303 Retirement flats across our nine villages throughout Napier. The Village coordinators are employed part-time by the Council to act as a liaison person for the tenants in any dealings they may have with community and service organisations, such as Meals on Wheels, hospitals and home help.
The coordinators role is to look after the general welfare of tenants.The Village Co-ordinators visit each tenant approximately once every two weeks and are on call during work hours for general enquiries.
For emergencies there is a staff member on call 24/7.
The Council is responsible for maintaining the community lawns and gardens in a tidy condition. Tenants are responsible for a small garden area surrounding their flat.
Retirement Flats are available for people who meet Council's criteria, based on housing needs and income. Some of the criteria is as follows:
- Applicants must have a Housing Need
- Applicants must have a Low Income
- Applicants must have Low Assets
- Applicants must must be 60 years and over
- Applicants are required to be New Zealand residents
- Applicants must have proof of ability to pay rent
- Application forms must be completed and a statutory declaration signed in front of the Justice of Peace or deputy Registrar of the District Court or another officer authorized to take declarations.
- All applicants must attend an interview before being allocated a property.
For more information and further details regarding the criteria please phone the housing manager.