Incentives to Upgrade Signage
For the benefit of our entire city, Napier City Council encourages all business owners to have signage which is consistent with the character and appearance of Art Deco architecture.
The Signage Guidelines booklet has been developed outlining the guiding principles of appropriate signage. Design advice is available and financial support is also offered to encourage business owners within the Heritage Precinct to upgrade their signage.
Napier City Council will rebate 20% of the total design and installation cost of your new signage up to a maximum of $500 + GST. To be eligible for this rebate, an application must be made and approved by the Napier City Council prior to the design or development of new signage. A condition of receiving the rebate is that you will permanently relinquish any moveable footpath signage with the agreement that you will not replace that sign with any other.
Why should I change my signage?
- Enhancing the visual appeal of Napier will ensure it remains a compelling place for shoppers, visitors and investors alike. This ultimately provides benefits to all local businesses and residents by stimulating the economic, tourism, cultural and social wellbeing of our city.
What incentives are Napier City Council offering to assist me improve my signage?
- Napier City Council will rebate 20% of the total design and installation cost of your new signage (up to $500 + GST).
Who is eligible for the incentive scheme to improve signage?
- The incentive scheme applies to all businesses within Napier's Heritage Precinct
What conditions must be met to receive a rebate?
- You must apply to the Napier City Council for approval of signage prior to commencement of your upgrade. Prior to receiving your rebate cheque you must relinquish any moveable footpath signage with the agreement that you will not replace that sign with any other.
How do I claim the rebate for my signage?
- Send a copy of the invoice from your sign writer to the Planning Department marked "Signage Rebate" then provided all conditions have been met you will be sent a cheque for 20% of the invoice (up to a maximum of $500 + GST).