Council policy on election hoardings.
The Napier City Council has adopted a number of restrictions on the placement of Election Signs on properties for the upcoming Local authority Elections. The following Rules apply for all Local Authority election candidates wishing to place signs on properties within the Napier City boundaries.
- Within the Napier City boundaries, Election Signs may be placed anywhere on private properties three months prior to the election. All signs must be removed on the day prior to the final day of the election.
- No Election signs are permitted to be placed on parks or reserves, or on roads.
- No Election Signs are permitted to be placed on a State Highway
- There is no limit to the size or number of Election Signs permitted
- No sign is to be erected or placed in such a ways as to cause a public safety or traffic hazard.